The Hong Kong Jockey Club Chicago Booth Executive Education Scholarship
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust proudly awards scholarships to local social sector executives who seek to enhance their leadership skills. In an effort to build capacity of local NGO and social enterprise leaders, the Trust provides scholarships to Executive Education programs at the Chicago Booth Hong Kong Campus.
Starting July 1, 2017, there will be eight scholarships available every 12 months for aspiring leaders at non-profit organizations.
Chicago Booth Executive Education programs empower executives with a global vision, an international network, and world-class education, thereby enabling Hong Kong’s social service sector to respond to increasingly complex social problems in the 21st Century.
“As an individual who has spent her entire career in the non-profit and public sectors, having the opportunity to spend a week immersed in the world of business—being taught by the country’s leading business management professors amidst leaders in the private sector—was invigorating, mind-widening, and enlightening.”
Grace Hou-Ovnik, President, Woods Fund Chicago
Chicago Booth Executive Education Participant
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust
The Hong Kong Jockey Club is a world-class racing club that acts continuously for the betterment of our society. The Club has a unique integrated business model, comprising racing and racecourse entertainment,a membership club, responsible sports wagering and lottery, and charity and community contribution. Through this model, the Club generates economic and social value for the community and supports the government in combatting illegal gambling. It is Hong Kong’s largest single tax payer,one of the city’s major employers, and one of the world’s top 10 charity donors. The Club is always “riding high together for a better future” with the people of Hong Kong.Working with the government, non-governmental organizations, and community partners, the Club is committed to improving the quality of life of Hong Kong people through its Charities Trust donations, and providing immediate relief to those most in need. The Trust also proactively seeks out the root causes of social issues and brings multiple and cross-sectoral parties together to tackle social needs, pioneering innovative approaches that transcend disciplines and skills. While the Trust continues to fund a wide range of projects, it is placing special emphasis on four areas of strategic focus: Youth, the Elderly, Sports and Arts, and Culture and Heritage.
- Be a Hong Kong permanent resident.
- Be employed full-time as an executive in a non-government organization with tax exemption under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance, who is directly responsible for shaping his/her organization’s mission, policies, and major programs.
- Have two to three years of experience at a non-government organization with tax exemption under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance.
- Be prepared to make the commitment required to complete the program.
Tuition and Fees
This scholarship covers tuition, fees, educational materials, books, and some meals. If applicable, travel and hotel accommodations are not included in the scholarship package and are the responsibility of the participant.
- Strategic Thinking – Hong Kong: Develop strategic thinking frameworks to recognize how industry changes are impacting your organization, and determine the critical capabilities required to preserve and grow your organization as these disruptive changes occur. Apply»
- Negotiations: Strategies and Processes for Impactful Outcomes – Hong Kong: Become a more effective negotiator by developing a toolkit of negotiation tactics and strategies. Understand the interpersonal skills that drive success at the bargaining table. Apply»
- Leading High-Performance Organizations – Hong Kong: Learn behaviors that accelerate or stifle high performance, how to better leverage positive attributes of a work environment, and techniques to build performance drivers into organizations. Apply»
- Innovation and Growth in the Age of Digital Disruption – Hong Kong: Learn frameworks that will help you and your organization anticipate disruptive changes in the market and act with strategic agility to successfully lead digital transformation. Apply»
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
Phone: +852 2533 9566
Terms and Conditions
Scholarship recipients are responsible for all costs associated with travel and accommodations.
- Scholarship recipients must provide a copy of their Hong Kong Identity Card via email to email@example.com prior to the program start date.
- All notification of cancellations, transfers, and deferrals must be sent in writing to Chicago Booth Executive Education on or before a date specified in the award letter. Acceptance of any cancellations or requests for transfers or deferrals received after specified date are subject to review.
- Chicago Booth Executive Education, at its sole discretion,reserves the right to limit enrollment or cancel a program regardless of acceptance status. In the unlikely event of a program cancellation, Chicago Booth is not responsible for any travel, hotel, or other related expenses accrued by the scholarship registrant.
- The scholarship is only applicable to the Executive Education programs at the Chicago Booth Hong Kong campus and cannot be transferred to other campuses.
- The successful applicants of the scholarship (“the awardees”) will be notified in writing and must accept the offer for scholarship by the deadline specified in the award letter.
- If the awardee wishes to withdraw from the program after accepting the scholarship or during the program, the scholarship will be withdrawn forthwith. Chicago Booth and HKJC reserve the right of not awarding any scholarship to such awardee in the future.
- The Scholarship may be deferred by Chicago Booth if its programs are canceled or postponed. HKJC reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship if the awardee is subsequently found to be ineligible, or otherwise not fulfilling or complying with the conditions of the scholarship, the admission offer,or any terms contained herein.
- The awardees must participate in all networking events organized by Chicago Booth and the HKJC Scholarship Secretariat and be fully engaged, refraining from conducting business during the program sessions.
- Due to the limited number of scholarship available each year, some applicants may be placed on a waitlist. Applicants on the waitlist are welcome to send updated application information if there have been developments since the time of the initial application. Applicants on the waitlist can expect to remain on the waitlist for up to six months.
- The scholarship is not transferable and has no cash value.